Founder, executive director, and bartender of the Chicago Design Museum (ChiDM).
ChiDM strengthens design culture and builds community by facilitating the exchange of knowledge through dynamic experiences. We believe design can fundamentally improve the human condition.
Nestled on the third floor of a public shopping center in the heart of a major American metropolis, ChiDM is organized to strengthen design culture and build community. The nascent museum fosters unexpected cultural experiences for its visitors who, more often than not, discover its offerings by chance.
The youthful and collaborative non-profit invokes an audience that might not otherwise seek it, significantly lowering the barrier to entry, then capitalizes by remaining free and open to the public.
Massive thanks to ChiDM’s volunteers, members, boards, committees, interns, fans, and staff.
ChiDM is here for and because of you.
- Chicago Design Museum
- Great Ideas of Humanity
- Chicago Design Market, Block 37
- What’s Worth Preserving?
- O’ Little Town of Bethlehem, Palestine
- Designing Unexpected Cultural Experiences
- Clutch Gallery Residency
- Dan Friedman, Soho House Chicago
- Stage Design, Chicago Ideas Week
- The Shape of Things to Come, Threadless
- Unfolded: Director’s Letter + Paul J. Smith Interview
- Vol 2.0–2.9, Iterative Work
- Vol 1.0–1.1, Iterative Work
- You Are Beautiful New Years Hotline
- Starts/Speculations: Director’s Letter
- This is Chicago
- Blackbox Gallery, Some Office
- The Design Pack, Cards Against Humanity
- Richard Hunt, Chicago Cultural Center
- Slide Lecture Flyer, Ed Fella
- Around the Clock Identity Design
- Interaction: Clock for Identity Designers, ASU